Photobucket

Monday, July 6, 2009

Jackson can walk!!! OH NO!!!!!!!

Jackson took his 1st steps on June 26th at our friends Tim and Amanda's house. We knew he was getting close but he refused to walk the many times every day that we tried to get him to. So Amanda and I were sitting on the couch not really looking at him and we looked up and saw him taking 3 steps and she asked me if he had already been walking and I said no and yelled for Chad to come into the room. So for one week I tried to get video of him walking so I could post it here with no luck. Finally, on the 4th of July I got video yes I know he is not wearing a shirt but that is because I took his white shirt off before I let him have chocolate ice cream. Also, I do know you can't see his face but that also means he can't see the camera. If he sees the camera he gets excited falls to the floor and crawls really fast to try to get the camera. Since this video he is walking more often and more steps but only on his terms. He will walk when he wants to or to get something he knows he is not supposed to have and that is it!! He is so rowdy that I am sure this walking thing is going to wear me out!!

In addition to walking this past week in the past two days we are bottle free. Yes completely on a sippy cup and he seems to love it! He drank more milk tonight that he ever wanted from his bottle, we finally had to cut him off! He has been drinking from a straw for a few weeks during the day but he was still on a morning and night bottle so I guess I now can get all those bottles out of the cabinet. I am not sure where my little baby went. I was already feeling like he was growing up too fast as I get everything ready for his birthday party on Saturday and his actual birthday on Monday and now the walking and the sippy cup!! I know I have to let him grow up but does it have to happen so fast?????

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Yea Jackson! I agree they do grow up sooo fast! I am very impressed that the bottles are gone. HC will just not drink milk from a cup. We have tried everything and she would just soon go without than to have it from a cup. Oh the joys of parenthood.

Monica said...

For real! They do grow too quickly. My oldest baby is turning 10. :( I am so not ready for only one more year of elementary school. It has gone by so quickly. Seems like just the other day she was toddling around at AGF. Now she knows everything and mom is so mean. LOL!

James, Heather, Evan, Emie and Pete said...

YEA JACKSON!!! Evan loves to walk with us holding his hands. Did Jackson do that before he started to walk on his own? Evan will get so frustrated because we can't do it as much as he would like...kills my back!! Have to keep a close eye out now!!!