Photobucket

Monday, January 19, 2009

6 month checkup -- All is well!!


Today Jackson went for his 6 month checkup with Dr. Anderson. I did have to take a bit of grief from him because he is a Gator fan but not too much. He said Jackson was doing wonderful. He now weighs 17 lbs and 15 oz and is 26 3/4 inches long. He is in the 50th percentile for weight and height. He gained 1 lb and 7 oz in a month, wow he is growing fast! He is developmentally completely on track and is completely healthy. He did get the 1st part of his flu vaccine and the final dose of his roto virus vaccine. We discussed Jackson's issue with only wanting baby food and not much milk. It turns out I was trying to get him to take much more milk than he had to so there is really no issue here. And we have been on 2 foods for a month already so he said there was nothing to change about his foods. I guess when it is not your 1st baby you tend to do things a little more by what your baby seems to want than what the books say. We are going to also start introducing a sippy cup. So I will let you all know how that goes.

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Good news! Let me know how the sippy cup goes. We are not really into the whole sippy cup thing. I just bought a new kind at Wal-Mart today to see if this will work better. Our little diva is not into holding her own bottle/cup. She can, just chooses not to.

Living4Him said...

Just my 2 cents... I am a huge fan of early sippy cup use. Both of my kids were off the bottle by 9.5 month old and it was never a big "issue" for us. I have friends who have trouble with a one year old who is old enough to "know" what they want!

Again...just my opinion! :) Good Luck with your little man!

Anonymous said...

Jackson will do great with the sippy cups he is a BIG boy.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the sippy cup. He is so cute. Glad all is well with him. Give me a call. :)