Photobucket

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Morning

Well I really can't believe that it is already Christmas. I think time is moving faster lately. Jackson of course had no idea what was going on or why all the fuss over new stuff but never the less he did have a blessed Christmas. I am sure he will be more into it next year and the scary part is that he will be more mobile too. He is such a rambunctious little boy that I will need to buy a fence for the Christmas tree to keep him from climbing it.


We put out cookies and milk for Santa (at our house Santa got sugar free cookies) and I think Santa only ate one of the cookies and Mrs. Claus had the milk. I had decided that for Christmas breakfast we would start a tradition of making sticky buns for breakfast. So about 7 pm on Christmas Eve I was going to make the sticky buns up and put them in the fridge to make the morning go better. I found a hint to use crescent rolls (which I do not recommend) instead of making your own dough. I started trying to get the seams on the crescent rolls of stick together and started putting the filling on them only to realize I smelled garlic and looked over to see I had bought garlic crescent rolls -- YUCK! So of course all the stores were closed and I had nothing else to cook for breakfast so luckily Chad's Mom had some frozen biscuits and I balled them up into a dough and rolled it out and it made wonderful sticky bun dough. So when we got up on Christmas morning we had sticky buns for breakfast and might I say they were yummy!!

Then after we ate Jackson got up and had his breakfast of milk and pears -- ok so it was not quite as appetizing as sticky buns but he did get a little taste of the goo and he approved. The we began to get into his Santa stuff. Jackson had a good time playing with all his new toys. Then we began to open the gifts from Mommy and Daddy and by this time he was getting tired so we went through those quickly. But this hat was too cute so I had to get at least one picture of it. I do not think I have posted a picture of our Bama tree so here is one. This was taken Christmas morning so our cards were stuck in it.

6 comments:

Brandi said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! Looks like Jackson had a BIG Christmas, just like HC. I really didn't think we went overboard until I started trying to get all of her stuff put up. Between us, Santa, grandparents it was crazy. Also, they now make a package of crescent rolls that don't have the seams. It is called "recipe creations" especially for stuff like that. They are fabulous for making other things with!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Jackson enjoyed Christmas. :) The garlic crescent rolls are EXCELLENT with spaghetti. Talk to you soon. By the way, I just heard that Andre Smith is suspended on Friday. :(

Anonymous said...

Hey! I meant to tell you that my Britches and Bows, Kelly's Kids, Chez Ami party is on Jan. 31st. It is at my dad's from 10:30-12. I will have all the KK clothes and some of the Chez Ami clothes. They are really catalog parties and the Britches and Bows lady will be there with her clothes out everywhere. You can see them all online. I would love for you to come down and bring Star with you too.

The Ealum's said...

Joseph had that little driving toy too! He loved it!

The Ealum's said...

We actually have two. That is the one that came all together from Hibbets but then he has another that is pants and jersey and it is more real looking! Just gotta get the cleats ha!!

Anonymous said...

10 days with no post. :0