Photobucket

Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's been a long long LONG week

Let me start by giving you a run down of our past week. Chad had planned a night away for us to celebrate Valentine's Day. We were to spend the night in Huntsville and have dinner there. Well when we left Jackson with Chad's Mom we knew Jackson had a slight fever but really thought it was due to teething. However, after many calls checking on him and his fever going up and down at 10 pm he was a 98.1 so we decided to stay in Huntsville. Well at 2:30 am we got the call he was running 102.7 fever. I was already awake feeling guilty because I was not with him so we pack up that room in record time and came home. Sunday we took Jackson to the Dr. and everything looked fine. His ears were clear, throat was fine, chest was clear and blood work was fine. So they declared it to be a "fever virus". So from Sunday till Thursday we had a bad week. He ran a fever most every day and most all day. It got as high as 103 several times. We of course were concerned and exhausted. And to top everything off Chad had to go out of town Monday night so I was solo till late Tuesday. I did fine Monday night but Tuesday during the day wore me out!! And to top it all off on Tuesday he also got his 2nd tooth. But a tooth does not warrant a 103 temp. So when he will still experiencing the symptoms on Thursday the Dr.s office had us come back on Friday. So on Friday he had an ear infection in his left ear and fluid on his right ear. So finally something to treat. So of course he gets the famous pink bubble gum medicine. And guess what -- he hates it!! We have also found out during this that he also hates grape flavored things but orange, cherry and apple are fine. So here we are to Sunday and Jackson is as grumpy as he can get. He is not happy and he wants to sleep a lot but fusses when you put him down, but goes to sleep in less than 5 minutes.
I am hoping that this week is much better than last and that I get my happy little boy back. Maybe I was just spoiled because he had never been sick in his 7 months here with us but I do not like sick little ones. We were set to go back to the Dr this week to get the remainder of our preservative free flu vaccine but we are putting that off for a week or so. I just don't see putting his through a shot this week with all he has been through and I do not think he needs a vaccine that contains the flu when he is not at 100%. I know there are some cases of the flu already but Jackson will just stay home most of the time anyway. And who knows if they picked the "right strand" of the flu vaccine this year anyway. Yes as you can tell I am a skeptic.....
Here a a few pictures from last Sunday when we were at the Dr. They had to get blood from his finger and he did not like it at all!!!

This was right after they pricked his finger as you can tell he did not think too much of that nurse.

Here he is showing you his boo boo and his band aid!! Do you know how bad I felt having to hold him while they stuck my sweet little boy twice this week. Wow it made me feel horrible......

2 comments:

Brandi said...

That face is priceless! I see some attitude there. We hope he gets to feeling better this week.

Anonymous said...

I hope he is all well now.