Photobucket

Friday, March 13, 2009

Today is Jackson's 2/3rds bday!!

I am not sure how 8 months have went by so quickly. I don't think the 8 months I waited for him to get out of my tummy went by nearly this fast. Jackson is growing and changing every day. We took him to the Dr. this week for the rest of his flu shot and he is up to 19 lbs 9 1/2 oz. That's up 1 lb and 9 oz in 2 1/2 weeks. He did well with his flu shot if you can overlook loud shrieking screams. I think the nurses draw straws to see who has to endure this and the poor lady who got the short straw this day had to endure a lot!!
I thought that I would try to recap my thoughts about Jackson on this momentous 2/3rds of a year birthday. Well you don't have to look too hard to see Jackson looks just like his Dad. Maybe his hair is going to end up a little lighter than it is now but not much. (Now I do realize that for his hair to get as light as mine he would need to visit the salon every 8 weeks so no I don't expect that!!) But he does look so much like his Daddy that I do often look at my C-section scar and recall he is mine too! He however could have my temper. So those of you who know me well yes that means he could get mad at the drop of a hat and he might stay mad for a while. Chad's family says this is also a Matthews trait too so he may have it double. But he did not get this from Chad, because everyone knows Chad is the most laid back, calm and easy going person I know. Jackson has 2 teeth in right now with one more to come in the next few days and another soon there after. So do not put your finger in his mouth cause he will assume it is food and take a bite. (This is not something I will punish him for you are the adult and you should not have stuck it in there) Speaking of food we are having a few eating issues. Jackson loves his baby food and he loves his table food what he does not love is his bottle. In fact he hates it. So if you have a suggestion about this let me know. I will try most anything. I don't think it is the bottle itself because he also does not like his milk from a sippy cup either. (I tasted the formula and personally do not blame him but I know he needs it)

Here are a few pictures I have from earlier this week of my sweet baby boy.
We took this picture behind the chamber here in Scottsboro now this is the only good one I got because all he wanted to do was play with the rocks.


And here is a picture with his cute little hat and polo shirt on he is looking up at his Daddy with the most adoring look. He loves his Daddy so much. Since it is just me and Jackson so often he gets so excited when I get him up and his Daddy is home or when Chad gets him up.
Now for one final note to this blog. Before Jackson was born I got an external hard drive to store pictures on and I just looked back and since he was born I have taken over 4500 pictures. Ok maybe I am obsessive but I just wanna hold on to every tiny moment.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is precious. I would just try him on whole milk. It is better than nothing. He is probably getting plenty of nutrients in his food.

Living4Him said...

Okay, somewhere - someone is going to call me a "bad mommy" but at exactly 9 months I began mixing half-formula half/whole milk for my kids. My 12 months they were ready for whole milk. My kids did not "love" formula at all because they were used to BM but it worked. I also was an "ealry whener' from the bottle to sippy cup. They made the transition easier than some other kids I know.
Oh, I got a new camera in Feb and have already taken 2500 pics. I think I got you beat! Ha Ha!

Alison

Brandi said...

It does fly by so fast doesn't it!!! It is official, Jackson weighs more than HC. She was 19lbs even last week at the doctor. She's dainty, what can I say. Jackson is looking so adorable in his little plaid shorts and matching hat. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great anniversary!

Anonymous said...

so are you posted out??