Photobucket

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Baby Shower

My cousin Starr hosted our 1st baby shower earlier this month. It was so sweet that she did this for us. Her Mom (my Aunt Cynthia) and my Granny helped her fix the food. I think my Granny fixed enough chicken salad sandwiches for 50 people and there were only a few family members and friends there. Starr also made a special effort to fix foods that fit into my gestationally diabetic diet. Here is a picture of the food we had.


This is a picture of me and my Granny Cash. I am so glad she was able to come to the shower for Jackson.

Chad came to pick me up, look at all the stuff, and load everything up. And he had to load everything up all by himself because it was like 97 degrees outside and I did not even attempt to help.

We are so lucky to have so many family and friends to help us prepare for Jackson's arrival. Even after the shower we have still received several more gifts in the mail.

Everyone also placed their guesses to when Jackson would arrive, his weight, and length. I am going to list the results here so that there is no question about who was closest when he arrives

  • Amanda July 19th -- 7 lbs 12 oz -- 19"
  • Sylvia July 15th -- 8 lbs 3 oz -- 18"
  • Deborah July 20th -- 7 lbs 2 oz -- 17 1/2"
  • Cynthia July 17th -- 8 lbs 1 oz -- 17"
  • Jennifer July 4th -- 7 lbs 1 1/2 oz -- 19"
  • Granny July 5th -- 7 lbs 14 oz -- 17"
  • Monica July 15th -- 7 lbs 4 oz -- 19 1/2"
  • Starr July 12th -- 6 lbs 9 oz -- 20 1/2"
  • Gabby July 12th -- 6 lbs 6 oz -- 17"
  • Wanda July 7th -- 7 lbs 4 oz -- 20 3/4

If you would like to add your guess just add it to your comment. I think it will be interesting to see who is closest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK here's my guess:

July 10th

7 lbs 6 oz

20 inches

Anonymous said...

Here is my guess

July 14, 7b lbs 15 oz, 19 1/2 inches

Anonymous said...

Here's our guesses:

Brandi July 12 7 lbs 7 oz
Shane July 18 7 lbs 14 oz

Miranda said...

I guess I should make it official that Granny changed her date guess about 2 weeks ago to July 18th due to the full moon.