Photobucket

Monday, June 30, 2008

A little progress is better than none at all!!!

Well I had my 36 week appointment today. Wow 36 weeks and yea I know I look like 45 weeks but I am not and if people would stop telling me how "huge" I am I would really appreciate it!! They act as if I have no mirrors in my house. I do I see myself everyday and I am not eating like the stereotypical pregnant person you know the I am eating for two mentality. Now even if you are eating for 2 no one person should have 5000 calories per day. I did gain 1/2 lb this week but I am only up 11 total for the entire pregnancy. Ok I am over that rant now....

As for the rest of the visit I am almost 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced (if you are male and don't understand this it means just barely a little bit). My blood pressure is now doing very good and my iron has gone up to 39 which is really good considering 36 is normal and a month ago I was 32. My sugar is still doing very good some mornings it is a little low but that is because my night snack was not adequate. I am working hard to make sure I eat exactly as I am supposed to. It is hard to eat 3 completely balanced small meals and 3 balanced snacks every day. I know it seems simple enough but it requires always having a lot of food in the house and constantly watching the clock to see when I need to eat again or when I need to check my sugar. But I know I will be glad when my little boy gets here healthy and when I have less weight to lose after the pregnancy is over. I am still measuring 1 week ahead of schedule so even though I am only 36 weeks I am measuring 37 weeks.

As I posted last week I am still having contractions sometimes as many as 8 to 10 per day. Some are worse than others but at least we saw some progress when the dr checked me today so I don't feel like the pain was in vain. I am up for any suggestions that might help me progress so comment me if you know of anything. I just dont want to go all the way to Bham and be sent home because I am not in "real" labor. So I want to make sure my body is progressing before I go to the hospital so if you know of any reasonable way to help with that I am all for it.....

I am going to do my best to keep the blog updated over the next few weeks so check back to see what is going on with me and soon with Jackson. If you have a question comment the blog and I will do my best to answer it.

Miranda

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Keep us posted. If you do come down and they send you back just stop at our house. I had the place called Joel's the day HC was born and the contractions started being consistent after that. If you want to give it a try they are open for lunch Sun-Fri. we would be happy to join you.

The James Family said...

Hey Miranda, It is great to hear from you and I believe we did meet at Cooks once. I look forward to keeping up with your family and watching that little boy grow! Congrats! I know that it will be so exciting for you! Keep the blog updated on the birth and all the exciting happenings with the little man! We will keep you guys in our prayers. Thank you for letting me know about your blog. I will add you to my favorite links!

the davis' blog said...

Hey Miranda!
I think you look great!!
I am praying for you, Chad, and baby Jackson. I can't wait to see his pics. I love having the communication through blogs. It is great to be able to keep in touch and see what God is doing in your life as well as others.

Hope you have a great week!