Photobucket

Friday, July 4, 2008

What a day!!!

Well this has to be one of my craziest days in a LONG time. We went to the post office to mail some thank you notes and I left my purse there accidentally. I realized I had lost it about 20 minutes later but did not know where I left it or if it had possibly been stolen out of the car. Chad called my phone and a few minutes later someone called back from my phone. The person who called back did not speak English as their 1st language. He said he had my purse and he found it at the post office, we asked him to leave it with the postal workers. We rushed back to the post office and no purse to be found. We called him again and now he is at the Toyota dealership. I told him to stay there and while we were on our way to the Toyota place I called the police and asked an officer to meet us there. I also called the dealership and a gentleman that worked there (who turns out was about 6'3" or so and 240 and appeared to work out) said he would go look for the man carrying around a purse. When we pulled up so did the police officer and out comes the gentleman from the dealership holding our friendly little Mexican by the shoulder. The two things in my purse that concerned me were my phone and MY CAMERA (those of you who know me well know how I am about my camera). Well everything was still in my purse. I was shocked!!!!! But happy!!! I do think he might have wanted money or something if the police had not been there and he was not being held on to by a large man. It was an insane experience. But that was just my lunch experience.
After Chad got off work we headed to Huntsville to pick up a few things we still needed before Jackson arrived. We made our stops then headed to eat a Bonefish grill. While we were eating I started having contractions. Now I have been having them on and off for about 2 weeks, and because we are so far from St Vincents the Dr. told me to head in if I had more than 6 in a row that were less than 10 minutes apart. Well the 1st hour I had 6 that were 10 minutes apart and then over then next hour they dropped to 4 to 5 minutes apart. So the nurse told me to come in. We drove down to the hospital and I had up to 12 in an hour. Well they put me on the monitor and his heart rate looked great and I was still having some contractions but their major concern was my blood pressure (which was 143 over 100). They think that caused the contractions because I was no more dilated than I had been on Monday. Finally my blood pressure went down and my contractions were very spaced out and not really strong so they sent us home. We got home at almost 2 am...... We should have just stayed in Birmingham but that was an afterthought.
Well that was our yesterday but today was much better. We had a peaceful and relaxing 4th of July. We ate with Chad's parents and Courtney, Cully, and Trip. Then we floated around in the pool for a while and just basically did nothing else it was quite nice to have the day be so uneventful. Hope you all had a wonderful 4th!!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Getting closer!!! We can't wait.

Amanda Hicks said...

Oh my goodness! That is the most insane day ever!! You said nothing of it in your TM yesterday! Hopefully I can come over for dinner one night soon, before little Jackson arrives. We'll try to plan something once I know more about my schedule. Take care!

The James Family said...

Wow!! I am so glad you got your purse back and your blood pressure is better. I hope all goes well with the pregnancy. I will be keeping you in my prayers! I am very excited for you! ~Peyton

Anonymous said...

This could only happen to you!