Photobucket

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Jackson is 2 weeks old

Well it has been a really busy and exciting 2 weeks since Jackson arrived. He is doing really good and we are going to try to go and get him weighed this week to see how much he has grown. He is eating about every 3 hours during the day and 4 hours during the night. Usually he eats 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 ounces each bottle feeding. He only gets breast milk but I pump and Chad is able to bottle feed him some. He does really well switching back and forth from me to the bottle so I guess that is really good. We have now started to freeze milk for the future. I have put 11 bags into the deep freeze. I hope to be able to keep him on breast milk for the entire 1st year if things continue to go as well as they are right now. I did not know how well I would do with actually nursing him because I only pumped and gave the girls a bottle. But Jackson has taken to nursing like such a pro that I have found it is way quicker and easier to breastfeed him. And Chad has been so supportive of this decision (and it really helps to have his support). But I do love to just sit and watch him feed Jackson too (so thanks Mom for the pump).


Other than feeding which right now takes up lots of our day we basically change diapers, do laundry, and try to sleep. Chad has been a lifesaver for me he cooks most every dinner for us and when he is home for lunch he completely takes care of Jackson to let me get a shower or get the bottles clean or just rest if that is what I need to do.


I went to the dr last Monday to get my staples removed and have to go back in 5 weeks for a 1 hour glucose test and a final check up. But I am now ready to start getting me back to normal. We are starting our diet back basically we are doing my diabetic diet. We figured it worked when I was pregnant so it will work now too. And I tried to walk a few days ago but maybe I am not quite ready for too much exercise yet but I hope to be ready for it soon.


Here are a few picts of Jackson from this week I hope you like them.



Mommy, Daddy and Jackson before we went out to eat Friday night





Our handsome little boy




Jackson after his bath (he did not like the bathtub)


3 comments:

Brandi said...

He has grown so much! Amazing how they change in just a weeks time. Glad to hear things are going well. Keep the pictures coming.

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

He is adorable..even if he is in an Alabama towel..LOL

Anonymous said...

He is a cutie. Rachel found out today that she is having twin BOYS! HA!