Photobucket

Sunday, September 7, 2008

8 weeks of pure joy!

Before I start the bulk of this weeks blog I wanted to share a picture that is very special to me. Here is Jackson with one of his Great-Grandmothers. Gran Gran loves Jackson so much and Jackson is so lucky to have her in his life! They say Grandparents spoil their grand kids well Great - Grandparents really spoil them especially with kisses!

Although most of you well know living with an 8 week old can be chaotic but it is wonderful chaos. Jackson is the most amazing little guy and he has truly filled our lives with so much joy. His personality is really starting to take shape. He is calm and easy going most of the time. He must get that from his Daddy. The exception to being calm and easy going is when he wants food. He is the most impatient little guy ever and can have a heck of a temper when he wants a bottle. I guess that he gets that part from me. haha!! He really smiles a lot these days and he is staying awake much more now. It is such a joy for us to watch him grow and change so quickly. As I have said many times I do want him to grow and develop but I also want him to stay my little angel. I am just going to try to take in as much as I can of him each and every day and cherish the wonderful time when we are together.



Jackson showing his happy laid back side.




Jackson showing his temper.


Jackson went to his 2 month check up this past week. He is growing like a little weed. He is up to 12 lbs 2 oz. He actually shrunk a 1/2 inch since his last visit but I have never thought that they measured babies in the most scientific way. I mean it is 2008 and the best we can do is stretch a baby and place marks on a piece of paper.... Oh well anyway he is in the 75% for weight and I feel really good about this. It is nice to get some validation that you are doing things right. He got his 1st shot ever during this visit because we decided to delay his vaccinations. (Meaning he will have all his shots prior to starting school at 5, but he will not have them all by18 months like most children.) And like most parents we hated seeing that needle going into his leg. I mean the needle looks like it is big enough to go through his leg, but I guess it is just part of the deal. It is so wonderful to have such a healthy little one that I can worry about how long his 1st needle stick is and not anything serious. I guess knowing that so many children are not as lucky really puts things in perspective.... We are truly blessed!!!

Jackson at his Dr.s appointment Friday

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I agree about how they measure babies. I was so surprised when they measured HC for the first time. Seriously? Babies squirm and move. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading the blog. Babies are so wonderful. When you have older children you almost forget how to take care of a baby.

0 said...

So good to see the picture of your grandmother. I haven't seen her in forever!! Glad everything w/ baby Jackson is right on track!! He is precious!! :o)