Photobucket

Monday, November 17, 2008

4 months old..... Where does the time go?

Jackson was 4 months old last Thursday and I am not sure where the time has gone. It seems just like yesterday that I was pregnant and not being able to sleep because I was so big and having to go to the bathroom every five minutes. And in reality I have a 4 month old sweet little boy who is sitting in his swing and taking his morning nap.
We took Jackson for his 4 month check up with Dr. Anderson last Thursday. Jackson was up to 15 lbs and 3 oz (60th percentile) and 26" (50th percentile). He gave us the go ahead to start baby food but wanted us to also make sure he still gets plenty of milk. We also talked to him about Jackson not sleeping through the night. He gave us some handouts and in a very nice way suggested that it might be things we are doing that prevents him from sleeping all night. Such as picking him up when we know he is not hungry or in need of anything and rocking him when he is clearly already asleep. Yes we are guilty as charged.
So since Saturday night when we got home we have stopped. We are instead reading him a story after his bottle and putting him in his bed. Saturday night he went to sleep really well but woke up at 4:30 and wanted to be picked up. After about 10 minutes of fussing he went back to sleep and slept till 7. Sunday night he slept ALL night from 9:30 till 8:00 am!! WOW. Now he may never do it again but he did it once. I woke up at 6:30 and went straight to his room to make sure he was ok. And of course he was fine just sleeping away.
Now as for the baby food things we started apples first. Yes I know you always hear if you feed them fruits 1st then they may never want to eat their veggies. But the doctor says that is not true. And since Jackson has had some poop problems with his cereal and has been constipated quite a bit. So he was thinking the fruits may help with that and they have so far. We tried apples till yesterday and then we started pears last night. He seems to like the pears better as least he ends up with less of them on his face and more in his mouth.
Saturday night we decided since it was so cold we would stay hom and watch the Bama game. So of course we still wear our Bama shirts but since all of Jackson's shirts are short sleeved we had to improvise a little and I think it came out pretty cute. And I am of course glad to say that Bama was victorious again. It is so nice to be having such a great season. And it is sort of neat that Jackson's 1st season of Bama football has been such a great one. And we will definitely be in the stadium for the Alabama vs Auburn game. Roll Tide!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are cute! I am glad he is growing. I am sad I haven't seen him. :( Give me a call.

Brandi said...

I didn't realize he wasn't sleeping through the night. Congrats on the first night. Hopefully it will continue. We have been improvising on HC's Bama wardrobe too. This week it was stockings, onsie, cheerleading outfit, socks, shoes, hat, coat. Ridiculous when it was diaper changing time. That was just to hang out in the motorhome because it was just too cold and rainy for a little one. Oh, the things we do to our kids:)

The James Family said...

Girl, we have been going through the same thing with Lily Grace. She is almost 19 months and still doesn't sleep! We have literally tried everything!!! I hope Jackson does better than her with this situation. It is not fun and I am sure y'all are like us. Marty and I are so tired and always dragging. So I feel for you and I will keep little Jackson in my prayers that he will sleep so you all can sleep!!! Everyone feels better when we all get sleep.