Photobucket

Monday, November 24, 2008

Yummy!!


Here is a new picture of my big boy I am just so amazed how much he is growing and changing every week. I went back and looked at some older blogs and wow I am amazed at his changes.

Jackson is trying so many new foods and so far he has liked them all. If this is any sign he is going to be a great eater. No telling what my grocery bill will be when he gets older... We started him on oatmeal cereal over a month ago and he did really well with it to start with but as I mentioned last week he has been having some poop problems. So we started fruits 1st but skipped bananas to try to help with this. So far it has not so we are now trying some prunes (just a few bites at lunch every day) and we have cut out the oatmeal cereal and giving him fruit in the morning along with some apple prune juice in his bottle. As of today he has ate apples, pears, carrots, squash, and sweet peas. His favorite is pears and his least favorite is squash. I say least favorite because he eats them a little slower and gulps everything else down. But he has not refused anything. He will get to try green beans on Thursday. Here is a picture of his trying carrots for the 1st time. And yes I know this is a trick or treat bib but it is big and protects his clothes from the orange color....


We are using as many organic baby foods as possible. I can't help but think the more natural stuff I put into his body the better. I don't consider myself fanatical and Chad and I do not eat organic but if we had a whole foods or something nearby we would consider eating it more. When we were in Birmingham we went there and loved it so I am going to try to go by there when we are down and get some things to use when we get back home. Like I said I don't think that I am fanatical but I just can't help but think the more natural foods you can eat the healthier you would be..

However, Jackson has also found one more additional thing he loves to eat. His hand. He is not longer sucking his thumb but he chews on his thumb, finger, fingers, hands, or entire fist (he does not discriminate) all the time. If you pick him up you better wipe his hands off or you will have a slimy, wet and sloppy hand and he goes straight for your shirt or face with it.

Now as for foods we like.... Chad's parents took us to Ruth's Chris to eat for Chad's 31st bday which is next Sunday. However, due to Thanksgiving, The Iron Bowl, a trip to Mobile and Christmas stuff we are booked the next 3 weekends so this was the best time for us to do his birthday. We took Jackson and he did wonderful. He slept thought salads and sat in my lap through dinner then MeMaw held him during the wonderful dessert. Here is a picture of my favorite 2 boys with the dessert. Yes you will notice in this picture they look almost just alike especially the eyes.

Now as for this week "THE GAME" is Saturday so we will be in Tuscaloosa to tailgate for that and we will be going to the game also. So I will have pictures of that event next week. Roll Tide Roll!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROLL TIDE!!! I am ready for the big game. Hope to see you when you are here. We will be on the quad if I can keep everyone well..Taylor now has strep. One or the other has been sick for the last 3 weeks straight. Needless to say, I am ready for that to end so I went and bought some Vitamin C tablets. :) Jackson does look JUST like his daddy! When are the pictures with the girls? I bet they just love him. See ya soon.

Brandi said...

I wish HC would eat like Jackson. We have hit a point where she doesn't want to finish her bottles or eat her food. It's a fight but we try to get as much as possible down her. Roll Tide! Happy Birthday Chad.

The James Family said...

Your little man is so cute! Trying all the new baby foods were so much fun! I know you are having lots of fun with Jackson!