Photobucket

Sunday, August 24, 2008

6 weeks already!!


Jackson is 6 weeks old today. He is getting so big and has started to hold his head up so much better and he has also started to smile more and make little giggling noises. He has also started to eat 5 ounces with 1/2 oz of cereal in the bottle also. All this eating explains his weight. I took Jackson to get him weighed at our local dr and he gained another pound. He is now up to 10 lbs 12 oz. He is getting so heavy and he is really heavy when you carry him in his carseat. Sometimes he sleeps pretty good but sometimes he does not. In fact Jackson must be a fan of the Olympics because most nights we watched lots of the 2-4 am events. This did afford me the opportunity to see both boxing matches for a boxer that my cousin Starr's husband Jay trains. (He ended up with a bronze metal and he really has a great story). But as I have written about before I love to hold and cuddle my little guy during the night. It is just us and no noise, no tv and no phone.
A friend of mine here in Scottsboro came and took some pictures of Jackson for us here at the house yesterday morning. I wanted some pictures that were a little less posed than studio pictures. Ashley was on the same wavelength as me and we got tons of pictures. She was here like 3 hours. When I get the picts on cd I will post some so you all can see them. I can't wait to get them back. Jackson did good for these pictures too although he did need to stop and take a break to eat.
I go back for my 6 week check up tomorrow. I am not really looking forward to this because I have to do the sugar test again since I had gestational diabetes during pregnancy. I am sure I will also get me yearly exam while I am there (oh yea fun!). I weighed when I took Jackson last week and had lost about 10 more lbs but I want to see what it is on the dr.'s scale since that is where I weighed pregnant.

2 comments:

Brandi said...

He is growing so fast. He and HC will be the same size in a few weeks. I did notice he curls his toes under in that picture. HC still does this. Must be a baby thing.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture from the wedding. Can't wait to see Jackson in person. Will you be coming to
T-town for any days on the quad this year? I got the birth announcement. It was sweet. Hope your doctor appointment went well.