Photobucket

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jackson's 4 week check up


Jackson had his 4 week check up at his pediatrician's office last Friday. His pediatrician is Dr. Toren Anderson at Greenvale Peds in Hoover. I looked for quite a while before I found a Dr. that I was happy with. Since we are down there so often I am still comfortable with his Dr. being there.
So when we got there I knew Jackson had gained more weight but I did not have a clue as to how much. In the 11 days since I had him weighed in Scottsboro he gained over 1 pound. He now weighed 9 lbs 12 1/2 oz. he was 23 in. long and his head was 14 3/4 in. around. Dr. Anderson checked him out and he said that Jackson looked wonderful!! We discussed that Jackson was eating close to 5 oz every feeding (at least every bottle feeding). Dr. Anderson said that it was better to have a good eater than a bad eater but he did say we can put a very small amount of rice cereal in his bottle to try to help fill him up. However obviously when I nurse him I can' t add cereal so he will still get to pig out!! Jackson has to go back on September 5th.
Here is a picture of Daddy with Jackson at the Dr.'s office

A picture of Mommy and Jackson at his check up.

No comments: